To move an application in a machine different than the web server?

Guest

Ok, I don't understand this kind of problem...

I have for example a machine called "pippo". I put an ASP.NET application
called "WORK" in pippo\d\application.

Then I create a new web site which has as home directory just
pippo\d\application.
I can find my also the folder WORK and I set it as an ASP.NET application.

With this manner my application works fine!!!!

If I try to put the same application in different machine called "paperino"
in its folder calle "Applications". Then I set a new web site with home
directory "\\paperino\Applications" . I find the folder WORK and I set it as
an ASP.NET application.. but it doesn't work
and the error message is the samer I posted before. Why?

Could u know why???

Thanks a lot!!!