to the Master's

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Bruno Alexandre, Jun 13, 2006.

  1. Hi,

    Regarding ASP.NET 2.0 and especially the Wizard Component
    How can I validate a Step (using Javascript - no Callbacks or Pagebacks)?

    I can't find anything relative to this, only a Microsoft page saying that
    the Wizard performs the ValidatePage() javascript but even if I enter it in
    my page I can't get it right!
    page >
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...-us/sakSDK/sak_understanding_wizard_pages.asp

    Any ideias?

    I need to prevent the user to continue but using my own javascript
    functions and not the Validators that the framework gives me, and I need to
    save time so, I can't aford a callback or postback, so I can't use the
    Custom Validator eigther.

    Thank you for all your help!

    --

    Bruno Alexandre
    (a Portuguese in KĂžbenhanv, Danmark)
    Bruno Alexandre, Jun 13, 2006

  2. Bruno Alexandre

    Alan Silver Guest

    In article <#>, Bruno Alexandre
    <> writes
    >Hi,
    >
    > Regarding ASP.NET 2.0 and especially the Wizard Component
    > How can I validate a Step (using Javascript - no Callbacks or Pagebacks)?

    ASP.NET uses Javascript validation. What's wrong with that?

    > I can't find anything relative to this, only a Microsoft page saying that
    >the Wizard performs the ValidatePage() javascript but even if I enter it in
    >my page I can't get it right!
    > page >
    >http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/sakSDK/
    >sak_understanding_wizard_pages.asp
    >
    > Any ideias?

    Well, without seeing any code, it's hard to say, but I am currently
    building a large multi-step form, for which I am using a wizard control,
    and the validation works just fine. You can't move from one step to the
    next unless the current step data validates. That sounds like what you
    want.

    > I need to prevent the user to continue but using my own javascript
    >functions and not the Validators that the framework gives me,

    Why reinvent the wheel? The validators work just fine.

    > and I need to
    >save time so, I can't aford a callback or postback, so I can't use the
    >Custom Validator eigther.

    Like all other validators, the custom validator allows you to write a
    client-side validation function, so you can validate without a postback.

    HTH

    --
    Alan Silver
    Alan Silver, Jun 19, 2006