Today's day & date?

George W

What's the best way to display the current day and date on a Web page?

Thanks,
George

Toby Inkster

George said:
What's the best way to display the current day and date on a Web page?

Don't. Your visitor already knows the current day and date. Better to
specify a "Last Updated" date because your visitor probably doesn't
already know that.

Neal

George W:
What's the best way to display the current day and date on a Web page?

If the user is using Windows, have it available in the systray.

Oh my, it already is. Never mind.

Leonard Blaisdell

What user from Khyrgistan cares about what the date was when they saw your
site? They already know what the date is to them. How would they care what
the date is to you? Seriously, date info is meaningless to the users of
your site.
Why did I pick Khyrgistan? Ah, yes. It's far remote in my understanding of
the world and hard to spell. I originally thought of Somalia. Pffffft. Not
even close.

leo

rf

George W wrote

[I kept looking for a "Bush" at the end of that handle :) ]
What's the best way to display the current day and date on a Web page?

A big arrow pointing to the bottom right corner of the screen?

However if you really need to duplicate the functionality of my operating
system then use some javascript. Google will find some for you, it gave me
heaps when I said "javascript time on web page" to it.

Please do *not* do this server side. Your time is invariably not the same as
my time. It' quite amusing when a web page informs me it is late wednesday
evening when I am looking out the window at a thursday afternoon sun :)