    What's the best way to display the current day and date on a Web page?

    Thanks,
    George
    George W, Dec 8, 2004

  2. George W

    Richard Guest

    George W wrote:

    > What's the best way to display the current day and date on a Web page?

    > Thanks,
    > George

    Use a php script.
    Richard, Dec 8, 2004

  3. George W

    Guest Guest

    "George W" wrote

    > What's the best way to display the current day and date on a Web page?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > George

    use date of php or perl

    Daniel
    http://www.gizax.it
    Guest, Dec 8, 2004
  4. George W

    Toby Inkster Guest

    George W wrote:

    > What's the best way to display the current day and date on a Web page?

    Don't. Your visitor already knows the current day and date. Better to
    specify a "Last Updated" date because your visitor probably doesn't
    already know that.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby Inkster, Dec 8, 2004
  5. George W

    Neal Guest

    George W:

    > What's the best way to display the current day and date on a Web page?

    If the user is using Windows, have it available in the systray.

    Oh my, it already is. Never mind.
    Neal, Dec 8, 2004
  6. In article <xextd.55951$>, "George W"
    <look@signature_to.reply> wrote:

    What user from Khyrgistan cares about what the date was when they saw your
    site? They already know what the date is to them. How would they care what
    the date is to you? Seriously, date info is meaningless to the users of
    your site.
    Why did I pick Khyrgistan? Ah, yes. It's far remote in my understanding of
    the world and hard to spell. I originally thought of Somalia. Pffffft. Not
    even close.

    leo

    --
    <http://web0.greatbasin.net/~leo/>
    Leonard Blaisdell, Dec 9, 2004
  7. George W

    rf Guest

    George W wrote

    [I kept looking for a "Bush" at the end of that handle :) ]

    > What's the best way to display the current day and date on a Web page?

    A big arrow pointing to the bottom right corner of the screen?

    However if you really need to duplicate the functionality of my operating
    system then use some javascript. Google will find some for you, it gave me
    heaps when I said "javascript time on web page" to it.

    Please do *not* do this server side. Your time is invariably not the same as
    my time. It' quite amusing when a web page informs me it is late wednesday
    evening when I am looking out the window at a thursday afternoon sun :)

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Dec 9, 2004