Today's Wild Idea

Discussion in 'Java' started by Joe Snodgrass, Jul 10, 2011.

  1. A compiler that produces code to run on a Turing machine. *That*
    would get your name in the paper!
    Joe Snodgrass, Jul 10, 2011

  2. Joe Snodgrass

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Sun, 10 Jul 2011 01:38:41 -0700 (PDT), Joe Snodgrass
    said :

    >A compiler that produces code to run on a Turing machine. *That*
    >would get your name in the paper!

    Not much use though. If you wanted to tackle such a project, you might
    try a Q machine first, a arbitrary number of pits each of which can
    contain an arbitrary number of stones. You don't have to create the
    concept of number. It is a primitive.

    see http://mindprod.com/project/lovelace.html
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products