tomcat 4.1.31 startup

Discussion in 'Java' started by John Smith, Aug 10, 2006.

  1. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    using cygwin, when i typed "./startup.sh" in
    /cygdrive/c/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.31/bin, I got the following output:

    Using CATALINA_BASE: c:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.31
    Using CATALINA_HOME: c:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.31
    Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: c:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.31\temp
    Using JAVA_HOME: c:\jdk1.3.1_10

    then startup.sh ended without further output.

    when i typed
    http://localhost:8080/

    at the URL bar of IE 6.0, i got the classic
    "The page cannot be displayed" error.

    my goal is to see the default examples provided by the tomcat
    installation.

    any suggestions?

    John Smith, Aug 10, 2006