    shows the files correctly no matter what. Any ideas? And no, I can't
    require all of the users to use Firefox :)

    CJ

    CJ, Oct 29, 2004

  2. On 29 Oct 2004 12:35:15 -0700, CJ wrote:

    Sub: tomcat 4.x : setting mime type for a directory or setting a default
    mime type

    Please restate the subject in the body of your post, as a
    lot of people ignore the subject, and this post makes a lot
    less sense without it.

    > I want all of the text files in a directory (various unknown
    > extensions that are not .txt) to be set to text/plain. Using
    > <extension>*</extension> does not work. Right now users see these text
    > files unformatted, the carriage returns aren't processed. Strange
    > thing is that when IE users hit refresh/reload the carriage return is
    > processed and the text file is displayed properly. Mozilla Firefox
    > shows the files correctly no matter what. Any ideas? And no, I can't
    > require all of the users to use Firefox :)

    And is this actually a Java question? It sounds like it is more
    related to Tomcat configuration or site-design.

    --
    Andrew Thompson

    Andrew Thompson, Oct 29, 2004