Tomcat 5.0.28, Transport jpda failed to initialize, rc = 509.

Discussion in 'Java' started by bh94043@yahoo.com, Jul 6, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Can anybody help ?

    I'm trying to connect to Tomcat via a remote debugger by running:
    catalina.sh jpda start

    This is on Mac OS X (10.4.1). I've tried under tcsh and bash and have
    set the JPDA_TRANSPORT and JPDA_ADDRESS environment variables to jpda
    and 8000 respectively.

    When I run in this manner, the catalina.out file contains:

    Transport jpda failed to initialize, rc = 509.
    FATAL ERROR in native method: No transports initialized

    I tried adding the "suspend=y" option within the catalina.sh script
    itself to no avail.

    Thanks very much.

    , Jul 6, 2005