Tomcat 5.5.1 vs. 5.0.19 + IntelliJ 4.5.1 -> web.xml not okay?!

Frank Ratzlow

Hi folks,

I really wonder what's the difference between these both tomcat
versions from the point of configuration. I created a webapp und tried
to start the weppapp using the tomcat plugin of IntelliJ. Doing this
with Tomcat 5.0.19 works without any hassle but firing up the
application with Tomcat 5.5.1 (and some versions below) always results
in the error message:
==========================
"Error running Tomcat 5.5.1: Cannot find configuration of 'jsp'
built-in servlet in: D:\IntelliJ-IDEA-4.5\system\tomcat_Tomcat
5.5.1_56587ce6\web.xml".
The configuration (of course copied from the installation dir of
tomcat) looks absolutely fine. I'm convinced that I missed something
to adjust. Has anyone an idea (nice pun) what to do?

TIA

Frank
frank_ratzlow AT hotmail DOT com

Riku

[...]

I'm having the same problem with Intellij IDEA 4.5.1.v2 and Tomcat 5.0.28