Tomcat 5.5.1 vs. 5.0.19 + IntelliJ 4.5.1 -> web.xml not okay?!

Discussion in 'Java' started by Frank Ratzlow, Sep 12, 2004.

  1. Hi folks,

    I really wonder what's the difference between these both tomcat
    versions from the point of configuration. I created a webapp und tried
    to start the weppapp using the tomcat plugin of IntelliJ. Doing this
    with Tomcat 5.0.19 works without any hassle but firing up the
    application with Tomcat 5.5.1 (and some versions below) always results
    in the error message:
    ==========================
    "Error running Tomcat 5.5.1: Cannot find configuration of 'jsp'
    built-in servlet in: D:\IntelliJ-IDEA-4.5\system\tomcat_Tomcat
    5.5.1_56587ce6\web.xml".
    ==========================
    The configuration (of course copied from the installation dir of
    tomcat) looks absolutely fine. I'm convinced that I missed something
    to adjust. Has anyone an idea (nice pun) what to do?

    TIA

    Frank
    frank_ratzlow AT hotmail DOT com

    Frank Ratzlow, Sep 12, 2004

  2. Frank Ratzlow

    Riku Guest

    (Frank Ratzlow) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > I really wonder what's the difference between these both tomcat
    > versions from the point of configuration. I created a webapp und tried
    > to start the weppapp using the tomcat plugin of IntelliJ. Doing this
    > with Tomcat 5.0.19 works without any hassle but firing up the
    > application with Tomcat 5.5.1 (and some versions below) always results
    > in the error message:
    > ==========================
    > "Error running Tomcat 5.5.1: Cannot find configuration of 'jsp'
    > built-in servlet in: D:\IntelliJ-IDEA-4.5\system\tomcat_Tomcat
    > 5.5.1_56587ce6\web.xml".
    > ==========================
    > The configuration (of course copied from the installation dir of
    > tomcat) looks absolutely fine. I'm convinced that I missed something
    > to adjust. Has anyone an idea (nice pun) what to do?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Frank
    > frank_ratzlow AT hotmail DOT com

    I'm having the same problem with Intellij IDEA 4.5.1.v2 and Tomcat 5.0.28

    Riku, Oct 5, 2004

  3. Frank Ratzlow

    Riku, Oct 5, 2004