Tomcat 5.5.20 undeploy problem

Discussion in 'Java' started by Fenice, Dec 18, 2006.

  1. Fenice

    Fenice Guest

    I'm using Tomcat 5.5.20 on Windows 2003 Server.

    This is my problem:

    I'm using ant task to deploy my web application:

    undeploy=org.apache.catalina.ant.UndeployTask
    deploy=org.apache.catalina.ant.DeployTask

    <target name = "deploy"
    description = "Deploy Tomcat application" depends="webapp-name">
    <deploy
    url = "http://smbcti.enigen.it:8080/manager"
    username = "admin"
    password = "admin"
    path = "/${webapp}"
    war = "file:${webapp}.war"
    />

    <copy todir="${tomcat-home}/webapps/${webapp}/Voxfiles/it-IT">
    <fileset dir="voxfile">
    <include name="*.vox"/>
    </fileset>
    </copy>

    <copy todir="${tomcat-home}/webapps/${webapp}/WEB-INF/lib"
    overwrite="true">
    <fileset dir="lib">
    <include name="*.jar"/>
    </fileset>
    </copy>

    </target>

    <target name = "undeploy"
    description = "Undeploy Tomcat application" depends="webapp-name">

    <stop
    url = "http://smbcti.enigen.it:8080/manager"
    username = "admin"
    password = "admin"
    path = "/${webapp}"
    />

    <delete dir="${tomcat-home}work/Catalina/localhost/${webapp}"/>

    <undeploy
    url = "http://smbcti.enigen.it:8080/manager"
    username = "admin"
    password = "admin"
    path = "/${webapp}"
    />

    </target>

    1) Some times I'm not able to delete the work directory and to do it I
    need to Stop Tomcat.
    2) Some times I need to undeploy 2 or 3 times the webapp, but then
    Tomcat delete the webapp directory and I continue to see del
    application in the Tomcat Manager, because he left someting in the
    server.xml file.

    I would not to change this file by hand.

    Someone can help me, please?

    Thank you and regards.

    Fenice, Dec 18, 2006