Tomcat 5 and context paths

galpix

Hi folks,

I'm running Tomcat 5 on MacOS X, and have a few questions regarding
context paths :

1) Where is the context path defined for the examples that come with
Tomcat under <root>/webapps/servlets-examples (or jsp-examples for that
matter) ?? it's not in the <root>/conf/server.xml; is it defined
somewhere else ? I can't figure out how the mapping works.

2) I followed instructions from some website to install a JSF example.
I copied a .war file into my <root>/webapps/ dir, it expanded and runs
fine. BUT, I didn't even have to add a new entry in server.xml to
specify the ContextPath. Again, where did it get the ContextPath from ?

I created my own new app and had to add it to server.xml to get it to
run ...

I'm asking because I also installed cocoon (by copying the cocoon.war
file under webapps), it expanded, but for some reason it won't run (it
can't find the path). So there's something I'm missing ...

thanks a lot,

galpi

IchBin

[...]

\webapps\jsp-examples\WEB-INF\web.xml
\webapps\servlets-examples\WEB-INF\web.xml

--

Thanks in Advance...
IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA http://weconsultants.servebeer.com

' If there is one, Knowledge is the "Fountain of Youth"'
-William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)