tomcat 5 and jdk 1.4

ian ward

Hi,
I've understood from the jakarta web pages that I should use a
compatibility package to run tomcat 5+ with jdk 1.4.
I've searched but can't fnd the thing. If this really is the case then
can anyone tell me where it is!
I'm pretty new round here so apologies if this is a dumb question. I
haven't yet tried to run anything, I'm still at the stage of
downloading a whole pile of stuff (download this then I find I need
that etc etc) without really knowing what'll I'll do with it all!

thanks
Ian

Peter MacMillan

ian said:
Hi,
I've understood from the jakarta web pages that I should use a
compatibility package to run tomcat 5+ with jdk 1.4.
I've searched but can't fnd the thing. If this really is the case then
can anyone tell me where it is!
I'm pretty new round here so apologies if this is a dumb question. I
haven't yet tried to run anything, I'm still at the stage of
downloading a whole pile of stuff (download this then I find I need
that etc etc) without really knowing what'll I'll do with it all!

thanks
Ian

latest version:

http://apache.sunsite.ualberta.ca/jakarta/tomcat-5/v5.5.9/bin/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9-compat.zip
or
http://apache.sunsite.ualberta.ca/jakarta/tomcat-5/v5.5.9/bin/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9-compat.tar.gz

From the release notes, 5.0 does not require this - only 5.5 and newer
(so if you were looking for a 5.0 compat, you won't find it because it
doesn't exist).

ian ward

Peter MacMillan said:
latest version:

http://apache.sunsite.ualberta.ca/jakarta/tomcat-5/v5.5.9/bin/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9-compat.zip
or
http://apache.sunsite.ualberta.ca/jakarta/tomcat-5/v5.5.9/bin/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9-compat.tar.gz

From the release notes, 5.0 does not require this - only 5.5 and newer
(so if you were looking for a 5.0 compat, you won't find it because it
doesn't exist).

Many thanks Peter - In fact, I was looking for any sort of
compatibility package, scanning just about everything for clues - I
will check this out and hopefully I'll have a better idea next time
Ian