TOMCAT access across network

abbas.attarwala

Hello,

I am running tomcat 5.5.9 server on suse 10.0 with mysql server running
as a backend. I have configured tomcat to run on port 8080 and apache
on port 80, ( default settings).

1) Now, on the network, from any linux or windows box i can by typing
in the ip address of the suse machine, can access the website hosted by
apache, without any problems.

2) But, if i type in the ip_address_of_suse:8080 on the browser( of
some other machine on the network, I cannot access the website, and i
get a timedout error. Yes, I can access the website from the local
machine by localhost:8080

Your help will really be appreciated. Thanks again!

Juha Laiho

(e-mail address removed) said:
I am running tomcat 5.5.9 server on suse 10.0 with mysql server running
as a backend. I have configured tomcat to run on port 8080 and apache
on port 80, ( default settings).

1) Now, on the network, from any linux or windows box i can by typing
in the ip address of the suse machine, can access the website hosted by
apache, without any problems.

2) But, if i type in the ip_address_of_suse:8080 on the browser( of
some other machine on the network, I cannot access the website, and i
get a timedout error. Yes, I can access the website from the local
machine by localhost:8080

Most possibly you have a local firewall on the Suse machine blocking
any external access to port 8080.