Tomcat and excessive threads

Don Bala

Hi,

I've created a servlet application that creates a lot of threads and
during load testing I found that tomcat stops responding to new requests
(1540 threads). Well to be specific, Tomcat accepts a port connection
but does not invoke the servlet. It just hangs indefinitely.

I've tested this on both Linux and Solaris and is the same (thread count
of 1440 on Linux and 1540 on Solaris).

Can something be done to alleviate this issue?

Thanx!