    javax.servlet library? Thanx.

    Duke
    , Apr 25, 2007

  2. Lew Guest

    wrote:
    > Hello:
    >
    > In a web app, I need to have javaee.jar (from JavaEE5u2) on my
    > classpath. Tomcat will not allow me to deploy when javaee.jar is in /
    > WEB-INF/lib because it contains javax.servlet.Servlet.class (violation
    > of the servlet spec 2.3 9.7.2 - even though 2.3 is not being used).
    > How do include javaee on my classpath while not clashing with Tomcat's
    > javax.servlet library? Thanx.

    Please do not multipost.

    Cross-post if you must reach multiple groups.

    My inclination is to say, "Don't." If you need a particular JEE JAR, why not
    use the application server that has it?

    --
    Lew
    Lew, Apr 26, 2007

  3. wrote:
    > In a web app, I need to have javaee.jar (from JavaEE5u2) on my
    > classpath. Tomcat will not allow me to deploy when javaee.jar is in /
    > WEB-INF/lib because it contains javax.servlet.Servlet.class (violation
    > of the servlet spec 2.3 9.7.2 - even though 2.3 is not being used).
    > How do include javaee on my classpath while not clashing with Tomcat's
    > javax.servlet library? Thanx.

    The parts of JEE supported by Tomcat are already in classpath for
    Tomcat.

    You just compile against javaee.jar and then deploy to Tomcat. Tomcat
    then find the classes in its own classpath.

    Arne
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=, Apr 28, 2007