Tomcat and javaee.jar

badgerduke

Hello:

In a web app, I need to have javaee.jar (from JavaEE5u2) on my
classpath. Tomcat will not allow me to deploy when javaee.jar is in /
WEB-INF/lib because it contains javax.servlet.Servlet.class (violation
of the servlet spec 2.3 9.7.2 - even though 2.3 is not being used).
How do include javaee on my classpath while not clashing with Tomcat's
javax.servlet library? Thanx.

Duke

Lew

Hello:

In a web app, I need to have javaee.jar (from JavaEE5u2) on my
classpath. Tomcat will not allow me to deploy when javaee.jar is in /
WEB-INF/lib because it contains javax.servlet.Servlet.class (violation
of the servlet spec 2.3 9.7.2 - even though 2.3 is not being used).
How do include javaee on my classpath while not clashing with Tomcat's
javax.servlet library? Thanx.

Please do not multipost.

Cross-post if you must reach multiple groups.

My inclination is to say, "Don't." If you need a particular JEE JAR, why not
use the application server that has it?

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

In a web app, I need to have javaee.jar (from JavaEE5u2) on my
classpath. Tomcat will not allow me to deploy when javaee.jar is in /
WEB-INF/lib because it contains javax.servlet.Servlet.class (violation
of the servlet spec 2.3 9.7.2 - even though 2.3 is not being used).
How do include javaee on my classpath while not clashing with Tomcat's
javax.servlet library? Thanx.

The parts of JEE supported by Tomcat are already in classpath for
Tomcat.

You just compile against javaee.jar and then deploy to Tomcat. Tomcat
then find the classes in its own classpath.

Arne