Tomcat Axis web service encoding problem

Discussion in 'Java' started by rep_movsd, Aug 26, 2008.

  1. rep_movsd

    rep_movsd Guest

    Hi

    I have a webservice application, the server runs in Thailand, it is
    used for trouble ticketing. There are APIs to create and view tickets.

    When I run this webservice locally, I can create and view tickets with
    Thai text just fine, but when I do it on the remote server, the data
    returned from the function that gets the ticket has some ???? instead
    of the Thai characters.

    I installed Wireshark to view the actual XML soap messages, and heres
    whats there :

    This is from the local server response -

    <value
    xsi:type="xsd:string">ๆๆไดำดกฟ</
    value>
    <value
    xsi:type="xsd:string">ฟหกหฟกฟ</
    value>

    This is whats returned from the Thailand server -

    <value
    xsi:type="xsd:string">ææä´Ó´¡¿</
    value>
    <value
    xsi:type="xsd:string">¿Ë¡Ë¿¡¿</
    value>

    Clearly, something is wrong with the way the Thai characters are being
    encoded in the XML.
    What do I have to change to get this to work properly?

    More info :
    A simple "Hello world" webservice which sends a thai string works just
    fine
    The server is a HP-UX one

    Vivek
    rep_movsd, Aug 26, 2008