Tomcat classloader problem

Discussion in 'Java' started by Mark F, Mar 5, 2004.

  1. Mark F

    Mark F Guest

    Tomcat 4.1.27 on Solaris 8

    I have two jar files I'd like to make available to all my web applications
    so I placed them in $TOMCAT_HOME/shared/lib however they are not being
    found. I also tried common/lib but it didn't work either. The error I'm
    getting is java.lang.IllegalStateException:
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:

    The only way I can get them recognized buy Tomcat is to put them in the
    WEB-INF/lib folder for each web app. Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    -Mark

    Mark F, Mar 5, 2004