    susppect, however still there was considerable CPU utilization on the
    app server. Our database is PostgreSQL version 1.8.4

    Anyone has any ideas what could be happenning?

    Prachi Tripathi, Nov 19, 2010

  2. There's actually a bug similar to this that should be fixed in JRuby
    1.5.5 and the upcoming 1.6. Can you try to update and see if the
    problem improves?

    On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 11:14 PM, Prachi Tripathi
    <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > We have a Jruby on rails application deployed in tomcat. Our Jruby
    > version is 1.5.1 and tomcat version is 6.0.26. However with a simple app
    > also the app server CPU is showing 100% utilization =C2=A0for a considera=

    ble

    Charles Oliver Nutter, Nov 19, 2010

  3. Hi,

    Thanks for ur prompt reply.

    Jruby 1.6 is still in dev right? When will it be released for production
    use? Our app has been deployed in production. So this is a production
    issue. So what do u recommend, upgrading to 1.5.5?

    Prachi Tripathi, Nov 19, 2010
  4. Yes, I would recommend upgrading to 1.5.6. If you are using OpenSSL,
    make sure you're on the latest jruby-openssl gem as well.

    Some of the issues you mention have been fixed on the 1.5 branch, and
    are in 1.5.6. As for JRuby 1.6, we hope to have at least RCs out this
    month and a final version soon after. If you have cycles to test a
    development build of 1.6, you can go to http://ci.jruby.org/snapshots
    to get one.

    - Charlie

    Charles Oliver Nutter, Dec 5, 2010