Tomcat database connection problem

Rose Girl

Hi,

I desperately need some help on this. I have an application that runs
on Tomcat. All this while i had windows xp service pack 1, but now i
have upgraded to windows xp service pack 2. Since then Tomcat gives an
error trying to connect to Sql server using JDBC connection.

My conf file in Tomcat is:

theDbLoginName=sa
theDbPassword=sa
theDbDriver=com.inet.tds.TdsDriver
theDbServer=jdbc:inetdae7:eccolwxpsde:1433?database=hms_sys
minConns=20
maxConns=200
poolLogFileName=D:\Tomcat\logs\servlet.txt
maxConnTime=1

This is where it fails. Gives an SQLException.

testConnection = DriverManager.getConnection(theDbServer,
theDbLoginName, theDbPassword);

Why does this happen. How can get around this.

Appreciate any help you can give me.
Thanks
Rose.

Rose Girl

I found several solutions in the net. But none of them are qorking in
my case.
1) Disabling firewall
2) Adding an exception in firewall for port 1433
3) Adding an exception in firewall for sqlserv.exe

The only way it works is if I uninstall service pack 2. But this
shouldnt be an option.

Can someone give another alternative to this problem.

Please help ..

Thanks.
Rose.

Andrew Thompson

On 11 Jul 2005 02:33:05 -0700, Rose Girl wrote:
The only way it works is if I uninstall service pack 2. But this
shouldnt be an option.

I only just spotted the reference to Service Pack 2.

I feel for you. My tangling with SP2 has left me bruised,
sore, and little the wiser..

My current position (perhaps not realistic for your purposes)
is to advise end users they may 'experience difficulties'
when using IE with SP2 installed, and suggesting a web browser
such as Mozilla(Firefox/NN) or Opera as an alternate.

I hope you can resolve the technical dilemna, but I warn you
not to lose too much sleep over it, should you fail to find
that perfect solution.