    machine?

    Thanks!

    , Jul 2, 2006

  2. Hi,

    > I am developing a file upload application and want all the user
    > uploaded files to be directed to C:\temp\ - the issue is that Tomcat
    > only allows users to write files to the actual web application

    That has to be caused by your specific setup, not true in general.

    > directory (webapps\appname\WEB-INF\whatever\. Is it possible to
    > reconfigure Tomcat so that C:\temp\ can be written to by a client
    > machine?

    By a client machine? That doesnt make sense.

    You should store these uploaded file in the temp directory for your specific
    appliation. You can retrieve the pah by looking
    up "javax.servlet.context.tmpdir" attribute in Application Scope.

    Regards,

    Tobias

    Tobias Schierge, Jul 2, 2006