Tomcat directories

deepstar

Hey all

I am developing a file upload application and want all the user
uploaded files to be directed to C:\temp\ - the issue is that Tomcat
only allows users to write files to the actual web application
directory (webapps\appname\WEB-INF\whatever\. Is it possible to
reconfigure Tomcat so that C:\temp\ can be written to by a client
machine?

Thanks!

Tobias Schierge

Hi,
I am developing a file upload application and want all the user
uploaded files to be directed to C:\temp\ - the issue is that Tomcat
only allows users to write files to the actual web application

That has to be caused by your specific setup, not true in general.
directory (webapps\appname\WEB-INF\whatever\. Is it possible to
reconfigure Tomcat so that C:\temp\ can be written to by a client
machine?

By a client machine? That doesnt make sense.

You should store these uploaded file in the temp directory for your specific
appliation. You can retrieve the pah by looking
up "javax.servlet.context.tmpdir" attribute in Application Scope.

Regards,

Tobias