Tomcat error after long idle

Discussion in 'Java' started by JPractitioner, Sep 16, 2008.

  1. Hi guys,

    I'm new to Tomcat. I need to run a set of third-party provided jar
    files to generate an XML string. I installed Tomcat 6 on Windows
    Server 2003 with standard options. I put all the jar files into the
    Tomcat lib folder. Everything is ok when I do testing. But I notice
    that, the first request on the next morning will throw me error( as
    below ) and I need to restart Tomcat and it will be OK for the rest of
    the day. The problem will happen every morning. Any idea what's
    wrong?

    Please advise,

    Thank you.

    Stack trace:
    HTTP Status 500 - ________________________________________ type
    Exception report message description The server encountered an
    internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
    exception org.apache.jasper.JasperException:
    javax.servlet.ServletException: com.fpx.seller.common.FPXException
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:
    522)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:
    398)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:
    342) org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:267)
    javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717) root
    cause javax.servlet.ServletException:
    com.fpx.seller.common.FPXException
    org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doHandlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:
    852)
    org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:
    781)
    org.apache.jsp.FpxRequestXmlGenerator_jsp._jspService(FpxRequestXmlGenerator_jsp.java:
    101) org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:
    70) javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:
    374)
    JPractitioner, Sep 16, 2008

  2. JPractitioner wrote:

    > exception org.apache.jasper.JasperException:
    > javax.servlet.ServletException: com.fpx.seller.common.FPXException
    > org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:
    > 522)

    Do you have a program that deletes files/directories from the temporary
    folder every midnight? If yes, disable that, define a different target-
    directory for the generated JSP-class-files or an exception-rule for
    this tool.

    During startup the JSP-engine creates directories in the temporary folder
    and expect them there during the whole runtime of the server. Deleting
    them lead to errors when trying to access JSP-pages.

    Regards, Lothar
    --
    Lothar Kimmeringer E-Mail:

    questions!
    Lothar Kimmeringer, Sep 17, 2008

  3. Thanks for your suggestion, we'll check it out...

    JPractitioner, Sep 25, 2008