Tomcat error after long idle

JPractitioner

Hi guys,

I'm new to Tomcat. I need to run a set of third-party provided jar
files to generate an XML string. I installed Tomcat 6 on Windows
Server 2003 with standard options. I put all the jar files into the
Tomcat lib folder. Everything is ok when I do testing. But I notice
that, the first request on the next morning will throw me error( as
below ) and I need to restart Tomcat and it will be OK for the rest of
the day. The problem will happen every morning. Any idea what's
wrong?

Please advise,

Thank you.

Stack trace:
HTTP Status 500 - ________________________________________ type
Exception report message description The server encountered an
internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
exception org.apache.jasper.JasperException:
javax.servlet.ServletException: com.fpx.seller.common.FPXException
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:
522)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:
398)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:
342) org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:267)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717) root
cause javax.servlet.ServletException:
com.fpx.seller.common.FPXException
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doHandlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:
852)
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:
781)
org.apache.jsp.FpxRequestXmlGenerator_jsp._jspService(FpxRequestXmlGenerator_jsp.java:
101) org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:
70) javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:
374)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:
342) org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:267)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)

Lothar Kimmeringer

JPractitioner said:
exception org.apache.jasper.JasperException:
javax.servlet.ServletException: com.fpx.seller.common.FPXException
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:
522)

Do you have a program that deletes files/directories from the temporary
folder every midnight? If yes, disable that, define a different target-
directory for the generated JSP-class-files or an exception-rule for
this tool.

During startup the JSP-engine creates directories in the temporary folder
and expect them there during the whole runtime of the server. Deleting
them lead to errors when trying to access JSP-pages.

Regards, Lothar
--
Lothar Kimmeringer E-Mail: (e-mail address removed)

questions!