Tomcat Error - "SEVERE: BAD packet signature"

I am running into an unusual problem with Tomcat (Apache acting as a
proxy). The catalina.out log shows

Mar 2, 2007 9:17:35 PM org.apache.jk.common.MsgAjp processHeader
SEVERE: BAD packet signature 18245
Mar 2, 2007 9:17:35 PM org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket
processConnection
SEVERE: Error, processing connection
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:306)
at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.read(ChannelSocket.java:601)
at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.receive(ChannelSocket.java:557)
at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:
666)
at org.apache.jk.common.SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:
871)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool
$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Has anybody run into this problem before? The application runs fine
for weeks and then it may exhibit this behavior. The only way to get
around this is by restarting Tomcat, which I am reluctantly doing.

The application involves few users, but a potentially time-consuming
separate thread, which may run for a couple of hours.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Joined
Dec 31, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Tomcat Error - "SEVERE: BAD packet signature

Hi,

can anyone tell me the solution for this problem because I am facing the same.In our application the same thing is happening and in UI tabs are not visible(tab menus will be displayed based on authorization.)
I am using the following versions.

JDK : j2sdk1.4.1_02
Apache : apache_1.3.33
Tomcat : jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12