    on tomcat?

    thanks,
    chris

    Chris Widmer, May 19, 2005

  2. Chris Widmer

    Mukesh Gupta Guest

    HI chris,

    You porpose of using the img is not clear. As far as i understand your
    requirment i think you can use java.awt.image.BufferedImage and use
    servlet to display img in jsp.

    Mukesh

    Mukesh Gupta, May 19, 2005

  3. Chris Widmer

    Wendy Smoak Guest

    "Chris Widmer" <> wrote:

    > i want to display an image output.png that i have dynamically created
    > with gnuplot on my jsp file. the image is displayed as broken frequently
    > and i suspece there is a problem with caching. how do i disable caching
    > on tomcat?

    View the HTML source of the page when the image is working as well as
    broken. Is the generated HTML different?

    What kind of caching do you think Tomcat is doing that would cause this?

    --
    Wendy

    Wendy Smoak, May 19, 2005
  4. Chris Widmer

    sstarcher

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Sorry

    Sorry for bumping this, but I have been looking for the same thing for the past several days.

    I'm essentially generating a file on the server that I then want to give the user a link to in the html page. The tomcat server is caching the file and unless the server is restarted the file does not change.

    Same thing happens if I try to create an entirely new file while tomcat is up it will not recognize the file until I restart the server. Talking about just a plain text file etc.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thank you

    sstarcher, Mar 31, 2008