    point. Do I have to specify one or can I just rejar the
    directories???

    thanks
    james, May 31, 2004

  2. james

    Oscar kind Guest

    james <> wrote:
    > I am new to Tomcat and am trying to update some of the files. I need
    > to re-create the catalina.jar file, but am not quite sure how. I have
    > never messed with a jar this large or one without a defined entry
    > point. Do I have to specify one or can I just rejar the
    > directories???

    I seriously doubt you need to alter catalina.jar. Personally, I wouldn't
    trust myself to do such a thing, but that's just me.

    If you really must, check out Tomcat's hotfixes. These hotfixes provide
    newer versions of classes in (among others) catalina.jar. I've found one
    here:
    http://ftp.sas.com/techsup/download/hotfix/tomcat4118.html

    Note that you'll probably be able to find betters pages.

    Oscar

    --
    Oscar Kind http://home.hccnet.nl/okind/

    Oscar kind, Jun 1, 2004