tomcat/java and multi-core processors query

gavin

Hi there,

I am trying to find some documentation that specifies whether Apache
tomcat can take advantage of being run on a multi-core system but so
far I cant find anything. Does anyone have any info that might be
relevant or have any knowledge on the topic?

thanks very much all,

Gav

Kai Schwebke

I am trying to find some documentation that specifies whether Apache
tomcat can take advantage of being run on a multi-core system but so

Tomcat uses multiple threads for request processing (see docs for HTTP
connector). If the JVM supports SMP (it does on Linux/x86), a multi core
system may provide a scaleup.

Kai