Tomcat JNDI LDAP config object map

Discussion in 'Java' started by Clayton, Dec 15, 2004.

  1. Clayton

    Clayton Guest

    For some reason, I'm brain dead when it comes to this one. Does anyone
    have any idea (code examples or whatever!!) how I can map a JNDI
    object in JSP to the previously authenticated user (via JNDI/LDAP) so
    I can retireive settings, etc. and disply them on a JSP page?

    I have a <Realm> in Tomcat (<Realm
    className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm" debug="99"
    connectionURL="ldap://brandonrha.mb.ca:389/DC=brandonrha,DC=mb,DC=ca"
    userSearch="(sAMAccountName={0})" userPattern="BRHA\{0}"
    userSubtree="true"/>) and as SOON as I log into the secure web area I
    want to be able to grab that authenticated object (the user) and put
    it into a JNDIRealm object, and display all their info onto the web
    page...

    How can I get access to this specific object? I know how to create a
    new one, but does that new one map to the current authenticated user
    from tocat? How can I get access to that authenticated user?

    Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated!

    thanks

    -Clayton

    Clayton, Dec 15, 2004