tomcat manager autentication problem

Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
hi all
I have a problem with the tomcat manager autentication

I'm working on
Oracle Linux Server release 5.7
with
Apache Tomcat Version 6.0.29

I add the user and the role in the conf file conf/tomcat-users.xml

when I try to access to the tomcat manager page on my lan
http://orcldb01/manager/html
where orcdb01 is the machine name
it ask me for user and password
but it don't autenticate me correctly , and it show me the message:

You are not authorized to view this page. If you have not changed any configuration files, please examine the file conf/tomcat-users.xml in your installation. That file will contain the credentials to let you use this webapp.

You will need to add manager role to the config file listed above. For example:

<role rolename="manager"/>
<user username="tomcat" password="s3cret" roles="manager"/>

I added the role but nothing changed

here my tomcat-users.xml

<tomcat-users>
<role rolename="manager-gui"/>
<role rolename="manager-script"/>
<role rolename="manager-jmx"/>
<role rolename="manager-status"/>
<role rolename="admin-gui"/>
<role rolename="tomcat"/>
<role rolename="manager"/>
<user username="admin" password="testpwd" roles="manager-gui,manager-script,manager-jmx,manager-status,admin-gui,tomcat"/>
<user username="tomcat" password="testpwd" roles="manager"/>
</tomcat-users>

with both users admin or tomcat it don't allow me to enter the tomcat manager page :(

I also configured a realm like this in the server.xml

<GlobalNamingResources>
<!-- Editable user database that can also be used by
UserDatabaseRealm to authenticate users
-->
type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"
pathname="conf/tomcat-users.xml" />