tomcat manager autentication problem

Discussion in 'Java' started by marcon, Jun 13, 2012.

  1. marcon

    marcon

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    hi all
    I have a problem with the tomcat manager autentication

    I'm working on
    Oracle Linux Server release 5.7
    with
    Apache Tomcat Version 6.0.29

    I add the user and the role in the conf file conf/tomcat-users.xml

    when I try to access to the tomcat manager page on my lan
    http://orcldb01/manager/html
    where orcdb01 is the machine name
    it ask me for user and password
    but it don't autenticate me correctly , and it show me the message:

    You are not authorized to view this page. If you have not changed any configuration files, please examine the file conf/tomcat-users.xml in your installation. That file will contain the credentials to let you use this webapp.

    You will need to add manager role to the config file listed above. For example:

    <role rolename="manager"/>
    <user username="tomcat" password="s3cret" roles="manager"/>

    I added the role but nothing changed

    here my tomcat-users.xml

    <tomcat-users>
    <role rolename="manager-gui"/>
    <role rolename="manager-script"/>
    <role rolename="manager-jmx"/>
    <role rolename="manager-status"/>
    <role rolename="admin-gui"/>
    <role rolename="tomcat"/>
    <role rolename="manager"/>
    <user username="admin" password="testpwd" roles="manager-gui,manager-script,manager-jmx,manager-status,admin-gui,tomcat"/>
    <user username="tomcat" password="testpwd" roles="manager"/>
    </tomcat-users>

    with both users admin or tomcat it don't allow me to enter the tomcat manager page :(

    I also configured a realm like this in the server.xml

    <GlobalNamingResources>
    <!-- Editable user database that can also be used by
    UserDatabaseRealm to authenticate users
    -->
    type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"
    pathname="conf/tomcat-users.xml" />