tomcat managing non-persistent session on pool of servers

Discussion in 'Java' started by Vinc, Oct 21, 2004.

  1. Vinc

    Vinc Guest

    Hi,

    Here is my session mechanism:
    We have several front-ends servers that have a mysql database.
    The mysql database are used to store the session data of the user.
    Our load balancer directs each hhtp request to one of the servers.
    We don't do persistant session which means that you can be on server 1
    for your 1st request and go to server 3 for the 2nd and so on...
    Our session mechanism works so that when a user comes with a session,
    we decrypt it and see on which server the session was initially
    created. If it the same one then do a local connection to mysql and
    retrieve the data otherwise do a connection to the remote mysql db and
    retrieve the data.

    My question is: Are there any mechanism/package/framework in Java that
    will address those issues.
    Crating/Decrypting session, Retrieving/Storing session in mysql,
    connecting to remote database.

    Thanks,

    NG
    Vinc, Oct 21, 2004