Tomcat, mod_jk, percentage character in URI?

Discussion in 'Java' started by Stig Christiansen, Sep 8, 2004.

  1. Hi,
    I have a strange problem with mod_jk - I think.
    The problem is that I have a servlet running in Apache 4.0.27 that
    gets called from an Apache 1.3.31, using mod_jk 1.2.6.

    When calling my servlet using:
    http://myserver/servlets/myservlet/test.txt
    it works (my servlet is called "myservlet", I use "/test.txt" as a
    "filename" for specifying which file to return).

    If, however, I send:
    http://myserver/servlets/myservlet/test%.txt
    my servlet does not get called. The Apache logs shows the call with a
    return code of 200 and 0 bytes returned.

    If I call Tomcat directly using:
    http://myserver:8080/servlets/myservlet/test%.txt
    the servlet gets called and the file is returned.

    Other escaped characters like space, %20, works.

    So, am I missing something obvious about percentage in URI's or could
    there be an error in the mod_jk?

    I'll appreciate any help
    Thanks
    Stig Christiansen

    (sorry if I'm posting in the wrong group but I can't find any better,
    please redirect me if I'm in the wrong group)
    Stig Christiansen, Sep 8, 2004