Tomcat not seeing new jsp files

ddog

Hi,
I've got an odd problem that I hope someone can help me with. I have
Tomcat running under RedHat which is running under VMWare. I'm editing
jsp files under Windows and moving them to Tomcat via FileZilla ftp.
The updated jsp files are not being picked up by Tomcat. Even if I
remove the compiled jsp files from the work directory, the new file is
not being picked up. Deleting the file via FileZilla and replacing it
appears to work correctly but the new file is not being 'found'.
Incidentally, the jsp's are being run under Vignettes Content
Management System. The files may be being cached someplace by Vignette
but I've looked everywhere underneath Tomcats installation and don't
see any trace. I've set my brower to check for a new version of the
page on each visit.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Roedy Green

Anyone have any ideas?

You are replacing a JSP file with an updated one? If so, are the file
dates getting set correctly? FTP is notorious for screwing them up.

Andrew Thompson

ddog wrote:
I've got an odd problem that I hope someone can help me with. I have
Tomcat running under RedHat which is running under VMWare. I'm editing
jsp files under Windows and moving them to Tomcat via FileZilla ftp.
The updated jsp files are not being picked up by Tomcat.

Servers are notorious for caching classes.
Try 'Restart'ing tomcat.