Tomcat question - running tomcat webapp from root

Sean Berry

I have tomcat 5, apache 1.3, mod_jk

I have a desire to have a webapp currently under /TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/myapp

Then, to view this I can go to:
www.mydomain.com/myapp

Since the entire content of this domain is written in java I don't want to
have it running under a subdirectory like this...

Is there a way to get tomcat/apache configured to run the entire
www.mydomain.com domain as a webapp?

Sorry if there is a better place to post.

Tim Terry

Sean said:
I have tomcat 5, apache 1.3, mod_jk

I have a desire to have a webapp currently under /TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/myapp

Then, to view this I can go to:
www.mydomain.com/myapp

Since the entire content of this domain is written in java I don't want to
have it running under a subdirectory like this...

Is there a way to get tomcat/apache configured to run the entire
www.mydomain.com domain as a webapp?

Sorry if there is a better place to post.
So solve this deploy the application in the 'ROOT' context.
In your case expand your war file to /TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/ROOT

Tim

Sean Berry

Tim Terry said:
So solve this deploy the application in the 'ROOT' context.
In your case expand your war file to /TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/ROOT

Thanks for the response. I thought about doing this, but I run other
existing webapps for other domains on the same server.

Any more ideas? Or perhaps I don't fully understand what you are suggesting.

Thanks

Tim Terry

Sean said:
Thanks for the response. I thought about doing this, but I run other
existing webapps for other domains on the same server.

Any more ideas? Or perhaps I don't fully understand what you are suggesting.

Thanks

you will still be able to run other webapps on the same server in other
contexts. However, only one application can run in the root context per
host element. If you need more than one application to run in the root
context you could either create a new virtual host and deploy one
application under each. Or sit apache in front of tomcat and do some URL
rewrite trickery.

Tim