TomCat/Realm : hot switch between connectionURL and alternateURL ?

Discussion in 'Java' started by markus-ecker@t-online.de, Nov 2, 2006.

  1. Guest

    When I configure a Realm in TomCat (actually: TomCat 4.1.30), I can
    configure a "connectionURL" and an "alternateURL" like this:

    <Realm ...
    connectionURL="ldap://ldap.server1.de"
    alternateURL="ldap://ldap.server2.de"
    ... />

    I could successfully test, that server2 is used, if server1 is not
    available at the time, when TomCat starts up. But I was not able to see
    that the realm switches t server2 if the network connection to server1
    breaks while TomCat is running.

    Can anyone tell, how the Realm behaves in such a case. Does it do a
    "hot switch" to the alternative server? And how long does this take? Is
    there a way to configure this?

    Thank you for any help - even pointing to documentation I haven't found
    yet (the standard documentation is not clear about this part).
    , Nov 2, 2006