Tomcat, Resin and cookies

luca passani

Hallo, I know this question is really generic. Hopefully,
if this is a known issue, someone may put me on the right track.

I have developed a servlet on tomcat which sets a cookie on the browser no
problem.

javax.servlet.http.Cookie cookie = new javax.servlet.http.Cookie("JSESSIONID", login_sessionid);
cookie.setPath("/");
cookie.setDomain(sdomain);
cookie.setMaxAge(10000);
log.debug("Setting cookie for browser for subdomain :" + sdomain);
res.addCookie(cookie);

on resin (different server but exactly the same subdomain), the cookie
is not set (I can see this clearly in the browser cache).
After lots of testing, I strongly suspect there is a difference
in behaviour between Tomcat and Resin when dealing with cookies,
yet this feels strange. Anyone who can share some light and
tell me if this is the problem or suggest where else I should go
looking?

thanks

luca