Tomcat server.xml

Discussion in 'Java' started by GuyBrush Treepwood, Mar 23, 2005.

  1. I'm testing the overall configuration options etc. of Tomcat.

    When I add this to my server.xml:

    <Context path="/lddekeyz"
    docBase="/home/lddekeyz/tomcat/"
    debug="0" reloadable="true"
    crossContext="true">
    </Context>

    the project in /home/lddekeyz/tomcat/ is accessible as it should be.
    But if I add this:

    <Context path="/lddekeyz/project"
    docBase="/home/lddekeyz/tomcat/project/"
    debug="0" reloadable="true"
    crossContext="true">
    </Context>

    I get an error when trying to acces localhost:8080/lddekeyz/project.

    "HTTP Status 404 - /lddekeyz/project

    type Status report

    message /lddekeyz/project

    description The requested resource (/lddekeyz/project) is not
    available."

    I have Slackware 10.0 and Tomcat 5.5.7

    --
    "Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good,
    you'll have to ram them down people's throats."
    GuyBrush Treepwood, Mar 23, 2005

  2. GuyBrush Treepwood

    Bryce Guest

    On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 20:12:39 +0100, GuyBrush Treepwood
    <> wrote:

    >I'm testing the overall configuration options etc. of Tomcat.
    >
    >When I add this to my server.xml:
    >

    > <Context path="/lddekeyz"
    > docBase="/home/lddekeyz/tomcat/"
    > debug="0" reloadable="true"
    > crossContext="true">
    > </Context>
    >
    >the project in /home/lddekeyz/tomcat/ is accessible as it should be.
    >But if I add this:
    >
    > <Context path="/lddekeyz/project"
    > docBase="/home/lddekeyz/tomcat/project/"
    > debug="0" reloadable="true"
    > crossContext="true">
    > </Context>
    >
    >I get an error when trying to acces localhost:8080/lddekeyz/project.
    >
    >"HTTP Status 404 - /lddekeyz/project
    >
    >type Status report
    >
    >message /lddekeyz/project
    >
    >description The requested resource (/lddekeyz/project) is not
    >available."

    Did you check your log files? There's probably an exception in there
    that kept the app from starting.

    --
    now with more cowbell
    Bryce, Mar 23, 2005