Tomcat Session Configuration

Discussion in 'Java' started by sebastien gautrias, Jan 6, 2004.

  1. Hello,

    I want to use Tomcat 5 into the following architecture :

    Apache 2 (host A)-----> Tomcat 5 (host B)

    Apache 2 has rewrite rules :
    Client URL : https://www.my_site.org/my_internet_url/my_jsp.jsp (host
    A)
    Real URL : http://tomcat_host:8080/WebApp/my_jsp.jsp (host B)

    I want to use secure session cookie, with the path /my_internet_url,
    but Tomcat put the path /WebApp (cf WebApp.xml) and set no secure for
    the cookie (because the scheme of the request before Tomcat is http).

    I have read source code from
    org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteRequest.configureSessionCookie, and I
    see that this operation is correct.

    How can I do to set my own session cookie path and my own security ?

    WebApp.xml
    <Context docBase="/home/seb/java/WebApp" path="/WebApp"
    reloadable="true" />

    server.xml
    <Context path="/WebApp" reloadable="true"
    docBase="/home/seb/java/WebApp" workDir="/home/seb/java/WebApp/work"
    />

    sebastien gautrias, Jan 6, 2004