Tomcat ssl servlet to servlet, private CA

Discussion in 'Java' started by edavid3001@gmail.com, Oct 6, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I have two machines I want to get to talk to each other.

    Both are running Tomcat. Both are running servlets.

    What does work:
    The servlet on the source machine connects to port 80 http on my
    Stunnel box, which encrypts the data, sends it to port 443 on the same
    box. port 443 is another Stunnel. It decrypts and sends the data to
    port 80 on the destination http Tomcat box.

    That works fine.

    Now I want to switch it to HTTPS from the servelt on the source machine
    to the Stunnel box port 443, which will redirect to port 80 on the
    destination http Tomcat box.

    The error in STunnel is as shown;

    SSL_accept: 14094416: error:14094416:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3
    alert certificate unknown

    One thing to mention is that I did not get the certificate from
    Verisign or Thawte. It was generated in OpenSSL by myself. Also, the
    Servlet connects to https://ipaddress of server not by the name
    on the certificate.

    Any suggestions? (I am not a Java programmer, but I have to get this
    software working.)

    , Oct 6, 2005