Tomcat Struts Datasource problem

Discussion in 'Java' started by kris74 via JavaKB.com, Jul 19, 2005.

  1. hello! I develop a Struts application and I have a problem with
    starting my Tomcat. I sought why and I know that the problem is of Data
    Source. But I did not find a solution.

    Here my declaration of Data Source in Sruts-config.xml :

    <data-sources> <data-source
    type="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource"> <set-property
    property="driverClassName" value="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver" />
    <set-property property="url" value="jdbc:mysql://localhost/bddStruts"
    /> <set-property property="username" value="root" /> <set-property
    property="password" value="struts" /> <set-property
    property="maxActive" value="12" /> <set-property property="maxWait"
    value="5000" /> <set-property property="defaultAutoCommit" value="true"
    /> <set-property property="defaultReadOnly" value="false" />
    <set-property property="validationQuery" value="SELECT COUNT(*) FROM
    users" /> </data-source> </data-sources>

    I use NetBeans, and I have this error in the console:

    GRAVE: Initializing application data source
    org.apache.struts.action.DATA_SOURCE

    org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create
    PoolableConnectionFactory (Communication link failure:
    java.io.IOException, underlying cause: Unexpected end of input stream

    If somebody could help me it would be very nice.

    I have been blocked for one week.

    I cannot any more what make.

    Thank you for your help.

    Ps: Sorry for the expression, I am French.
    kris74 via JavaKB.com, Jul 19, 2005