    not running Apache when I run Tomcat, IIS is not monitoring port
    8080).

    -- mike

    Mike Ward, Sep 8, 2004

  2. Mike Ward

    DoTheRoot Guest

    (Mike Ward) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Downloaded and installed version 5.5 of Tomcat. Go to the bin
    > directory and type Tomcat5. It runs for a momment (like 3 seconds) and
    > then just exits. No error messages, and nothing in the logs to
    > indicate a problem. If I run Apache in a console window (using port
    > 8080 like Tomcat), Apache works fine. So why won't Tomcat run? (I'm
    > not running Apache when I run Tomcat, IIS is not monitoring port
    > 8080).
    >
    > -- mike

    Which JDK version are you using ?... did you set the environment
    variable CATALINA_HOME ? did you check the logs ..

    need more info ....

    Douwe Vos

    DoTheRoot, Sep 8, 2004

  3. Mike Ward

    Liz Guest

    "Mike Ward" <> wrote in message
    > Downloaded and installed version 5.5 of Tomcat. Go to the bin
    > directory and type Tomcat5. It runs for a momment (like 3 seconds) and
    > then just exits. No error messages, and nothing in the logs to
    > indicate a problem. If I run Apache in a console window (using port
    > 8080 like Tomcat), Apache works fine. So why won't Tomcat run? (I'm
    > not running Apache when I run Tomcat, IIS is not monitoring port
    > 8080).
    >
    > -- mike

    My distro has startup.bat and shutdown.bat, did you try these?

    Liz, Sep 8, 2004
  4. Mike Ward

    Mike Ward Guest

    The distro (tomcat 5.5) does not have a startup.bat or shutdown.bat.
    As stated earlier, there is no info in the logs. Also, I'm runing Java
    1.4.2_05.

    Mike Ward, Sep 9, 2004
  5. Mike Ward

    Will Hartung Guest

    "Mike Ward" <> wrote in message
    > The distro (tomcat 5.5) does not have a startup.bat or shutdown.bat.
    > As stated earlier, there is no info in the logs. Also, I'm runing Java
    > 1.4.2_05.

    5.5 requires Java (1.)5, unless you reconfigure it.

    Try the latest 5.0.

    Regards,

    Will Hartung
    ()