Tomcat4 RMI class loading bermuda triangle

henri

Hi every body,
I'm trying to fix this problem for one week and i'm turning crazy
right now.
I have this servlet working perfectly, finding every package i put in
/var/tomcat4/shared/lib except that it doesn't find my RMIServer class
for casting
i get a
[java.lang.ClassNotFoundException] - myRMIServerClass
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown
Source)
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown
Source)
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:302)
java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:141)

all classes are in the jar with the stub and skeleton (i tried to put
classes in WEB_INF/classes of my servlet but same problem... so i
guess this is not the real problem)

I have set in catalina policy file a:
grant {
permission java.security.AllPermission;
};
to be sure there's no problem of security. i changed the
init.d/tomcat4 script to add -security to the starting line to be sure
that it is started the right way

i used to try the same code with tomcat 3 and i changed to tomcat 4
because of a rmi jni problem reported on mailing lists (i spent so
much time on tomcat4 that i can't remember what was the previous one)
but i can't even get that far with tomcat4

my version is a rpm 4.2.1 for Red Hat

does someone understand what's going on

Sudsy

henri wrote:
[java.lang.ClassNotFoundException] - myRMIServerClass

This will either have everything or nothing to do with your problem.
I note that the class name is not package-qualified. This would
suggest that it's in the default package. Without seeing the source
for the class and the output of 'jar tf <jarfile>' then it's
impossible to say further. It should be noted that class naming
problems are frequently encountered by people new to Java.