    <hr size=2 width=20% align="left">

    Thanks,

    Ray
    Ray, Oct 31, 2005

  2. Ray

    Mark Parnell Guest

    In our last episode, Ray <> pronounced to
    alt.html:

    > Is there any control the grey color to be darker?

    Yes.

    > <hr size=2 width=20% align="left">

    Size, width and align are deprecated - use CSS. Something like this:

    hr {border: 1px solid #333333; width: 20%;}

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Oct 31, 2005

  3. __/ [Mark Parnell] on Monday 31 October 2005 05:47 \__

    > In our last episode, Ray <> pronounced to
    > alt.html:
    >
    >> Is there any control the grey color to be darker?

    > Yes.
    >
    >> <hr size=2 width=20% align="left">

    > Size, width and align are deprecated - use CSS. Something like this:
    >
    > hr {border: 1px solid #333333; width: 20%;}

    The OP should also become aware that use of <HR> without CSS is in a sense
    ambiguous and loosely-defined. It may be interpreted and thus rendered
    differently in different browsers/engines.

    HR does not have a colour associated with it. Grey must be attributed to some
    Netscape colour convention.

    Roy

    --
    Roy S. Schestowitz | Useless fact: Digits 772-777 of Pi are 999999
    http://Schestowitz.com | SuSE Linux | PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
    Roy Schestowitz, Oct 31, 2005
  4. Ray

    dorayme Guest

    > From: Mark Parnell <>
    > Newsgroups: alt.html

    > In our last episode, Ray <> pronounced to
    > alt.html:
    >
    >> Is there any control the grey color to be darker?

    > Yes.
    >
    >> <hr size=2 width=20% align="left">

    > Size, width and align are deprecated - use CSS. Something like this:
    >
    > hr {border: 1px solid #333333; width: 20%;}

    Yes, for a style sheet or style in the head of the doc.

    To the Op, if you want to do it inline (closest to what you are
    doing), use <hr style="border:1px #999
    solid;width:20%;margin-left:0px"> - or #666 or #333 depending on
    the darkness, 333 is /very/ dark. I assume you would control the
    left alignment with something like the suggestion here, seems to
    work, but there may be better advice on this?

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Oct 31, 2005