too many scrollbars

Dwight Johnson

I am building a page using a masterpage and a content page. When the
content exceeds the height of the page, I get a single vertical
scrollbar on the right, and that's fine.

However, when the content is too wide for the page as well as too
long, I get the same scrollbar on the right, what I'll call the OUTER
vertical scrollbar, plus a second INNER vertical scrollbar just to the
left, and a horizontal scroll bar at the bottom, not attached to the
bottom of the page, but joined at the lower right with the INNER
vertical scrollbar. I have to use the OUTER vertical scrollbar to even
see the horizontal scrollbar. Very ugly.

Anyone have any ideas what is going on here? It almost seems the the
MasterPage is scrolling separately within something else.

Dwight Johnson

Fixed the problem by putting style="overflow:visible" on body tag of
master page. This way there is now just one horizontal and one
vertical scrollbar for the entire page.