Too much data in DataGrid when page refreshes

Shannon Cayze

Hello all,

I'm new to web development and ASP.Net and I'm sure this is a pretty
fundamental question. I've performed a query that returns about 70,000
records and have put this data in a DataGrid. Now, if the user does
something requiring a refresh of the page, I get a page cannot be
displayed message because it was unavailable. However, if I perform a
query that only returns 10,000 records, the refresh works fine. Is
there any way that on the client I can clear the DataGrid before it is
posted to the server? Also, are there any better ways of handling this
scenario?

Thanks in advance,
Shannon

Naveen K Kohli

Turn ViewState off for the Grid. That is the recommended way to handle this
issue.