Too much spamming here to be of much use me thinks

Francesco

Too much spamming here to be of much use me thinks
Sad but true

Sad: yes (the "Too much spamming here" part).
True: not really (the "to be of much use" part), as it depends on your
efforts.

If you're using a decent NR you could set appropriate filters to get
rid of spam messages - some people here aren't even aware of how much
spam is getting posted daily, since they never see it.

If you're using Google Groups like me I could give you a couple of
hints.

The first is to view the discussions as "topic list" and sort them by
"latest post" - so that you can see the latest active threads.

The second is to abuse of the "starred" feature - then you can access
all starred discussions via http://groups.google.com/groups/starred
which will get you to the same page of the "favorites" link, in the
top-right side of each GG page.

The above is really useful if you are interested in some threads but
you happen to stay away for some time.

Hope that helps you finding this group more "useful".

If you can, get a decent NR. I cannot, I must live with Google Groups
=/

Cheers,
Francesco

mathieu

[...]

Apparently there is now a shortcut to report spam from google groups.
Not sure what this does but hopefully this will be the right thing
(tm).

Francesco

Apparently there is now a shortcut to report spam from google groups.
Not sure what this does but hopefully this will be the right thing
(tm).

Yes, we could help Google and report as many spam posts as possible -
I use to report them, now and then.

The mechanism should be that some human being like us reviews our
reports and manually deletes the spam messages, but I never checked
how long it takes for a specifically reported spam message to
disappear - actually, I didn't even check _whether_ it disappears! I'm
going to check.

Cheers,
Francesco