too much text in textarea, submit does nothing with "get" how to use "post"

Pete Mahoney

Ok I use a textarea to store data input by the user, and then upon
them clicking the submit button I store this data to a database. The
problem is once the user inputs too much data (about 3 paragraphs or
2020 characters) when they click on the submit button nothing happens.
When I say nothing happens I mean just that, nothing at all happens
the page just sits there as if nothing at all happened. If I remove
one line for the textarea, and then press the submit button everything
works fine.

Now I read that a way to fix this problem is to use the following:

<form name="form1" action="<%= Request.ServerVariables("SCRIPT_NAME")
%>" method="Get"> --> HERE REPLACE "Get" with "Post"

Now this works great and the form will submit, but I can't later call
Request.QueryString("ProbDescription") and get the data back. So my
question is when I use this Post function how do I save off data, and
get it back when I need it? Also how do I pass this data from one
page to the next?

If you have any idea on how I can fix this problem please let me know.
I have posted the test code I used below, and if you run it and try
and put more than 2500 characters in it nothing happens.

<% @ LANGUAGE = VBScript %>
<% Option Explicit %>
<%

%>

<head>
charset=windows-1252">
<title>Welcome to FirstLogic DRC</title>

</head>
<Body>

<form name="form1" action="<%= Request.ServerVariables("SCRIPT_NAME")
%>" method="Get">
<H5><TEXTAREA name="ProbDescription" rows=4 cols=58 style="border: 1
<input type="submit" value="Test" id=submit1 name=submit1>&nbsp;
</form>
<%
Response.Write Request.QueryString("ProbDescription")
%>