Tool for checking CSS

m.a

Hello,

I have a page in asp.net, which is shown differently on the MSVC IDE and
IE7 and Firefox. The most important point is that the way that IE is showing
it is not compatible with the CSS. To find why it is shown differently, I am
looking for a tool that can show me how each item on a page gets its style.
For example, I want to know from which CSS file a specific table gets its
font parameters and in that, specific CSS file which class is used. Is there
any such tool?

Best regards

bruce barker

for ie get the dev toolbar, for firefox use the web developer, and for
safari just enable the dev menu (mac only i believe).

ie (especially 5.5/6.0) does not follow the css standards, but you can
google for tricks. also ie does support all the css selectors.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Andrew Morton

In IE, the Developer Toolbar; in FF, Firebug. Google can find them for you.

Andrew