  1. krby_xtrm

    krby_xtrm Guest

    anyone knows a software tool for drawing timing diagrams?

    krby_xtrm, Nov 20, 2005

  2. krby_xtrm wrote:
    > anyone knows a software tool for drawing timing diagrams?

    I use xfig for documentation for this purpose. I would say every
    vector-based painting tool would be ok.

    Sometimes it is possible to just print the output of your waveform
    display tool to a postscript file and use this for documentation.

    Ralf

    Ralf Hildebrandt, Nov 20, 2005

  3. krby_xtrm

    Ajeetha Guest

  4. Ralf Hildebrandt <> writes:
    > I use xfig for documentation for this purpose.

    XFig's repetetive copy operation is great for the otherwise tedious
    drawing of periodic signals such as clocks.

    > Sometimes it is possible to just print the output of your waveform
    > display tool to a postscript file and use this for documentation.

    Aren't we supposed to finish documentation *before* starting to write
    (never mind simulate) code?

    -- Marcus

    Marcus Harnisch, Nov 21, 2005
  5. krby_xtrm

    jens Guest

    http://www.timingdesigner.com/

    Somewhat expensive but very powerful, you can enter min/max delays and
    constraints and it will show you graphically (or spreadsheet view) if
    you meet timing, along with a bunch of other features.

    It seems more suitable for board design, but could also be useful for
    FPGAs/ASICs.

    jens, Nov 21, 2005
  6. Marcus Harnisch wrote:

    > Aren't we supposed to finish documentation *before* starting to write
    > (never mind simulate) code?

    We're supposed to get the job done
    and have it work. Style is secondary.
    If I work top down only, I can't run
    a sim until I'm almost done.

    -- Mike Treseler

    Mike Treseler, Nov 21, 2005
  7. Von krby_xtrm:

    > anyone knows a software tool for drawing timing diagrams?

    For my diploma thesis I've used the latex package called "timing".

    Eike

    Rolf Eike Beer, Nov 24, 2005
  8. krby_xtrm

    diamondstud

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Timing Diagram Software

    I have always used TimeGen to draw timing diagrams. It is fast and very easy to use, and a good product for the price.

    The company is XFusion Software and website is here:
    www . xfusionsoftware . com

    diamondstud, Jan 23, 2009