Tool for intercepting SOAP requests

aaa

Is there a simple straight forward tool out there for intercepting my SOAP
requests so that I can debug the XML that I am sending?

Dan Rogers

Sure are - lots of them. First, go to gotdotnet.com, and download a trace
web service extension. Then configure this into your service that you want
to trace, and invoke the normal trace.axd page at your service's vroot
using your browser. Then make a request - and refresh your trace browser.
This will show you the XML you are sending/receiving.

Good luck

--------------------

aaa

Let me ask I can only capture on a server that I have access to correct(on
the server)? In other words I cannot capture my request or response on the
client that initiates the SOAP call?

Dan Rogers

You can install a web service extension on either side of a web service
connnection. You'll want to use a trace extension that captures to a local
file if you want to capture it on the client side. The excellent book
"Programming web services with Visual Basic" has a sample that does just
this.

Simon Trew

You can just as easily do it in the client. With TCPTrace if not with SOAP
Trace Utility (I don't know about that). Basically it just receives the data
on one port and sends it out on another, logging it in between. You just
point your client at the port instead of at the original service, and point
the trace utility at the original service.

S.