    Are there cheaper or free tools for performance analysis in visual studio?

    Thanks
    Konrad
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Konrad_M=FChler?=, Apr 26, 2007

  2. Konrad Mühler wrote:
    > I'm looking for a tool to analyze the performance of my c++ code in
    > Visual Studio 7 or 8 to find out, where the time consuming routines
    > are located.
    > I only found the very expensive products of DevPartner until yet.
    > Are there cheaper or free tools for performance analysis in visual
    > studio?

    If you need Visual-Studio-specific solution, please ask in the
    newsgroup dedicated to Visual Studio. Generally speaking there are
    solutions that are not compiler/IDE specific. Such tool is called
    "a profiler". Google for them.

    BTW, VC++ has its own build-in performance analyzer. RTFM.

    Victor Bazarov, Apr 26, 2007

  3. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Konrad_M=FChler?=

    Zeppe Guest

    Victor Bazarov wrote:

    > BTW, VC++ has its own build-in performance analyzer. RTFM.

    Only the team suite edition. But it's quite good.

    Regards,

    Zeppe
    Zeppe, Apr 26, 2007