Tool for Peformance Analysis of C++ code ...

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Konrad_M=FChler?=

Hi,

I'm looking for a tool to analyze the performance of my c++ code in
Visual Studio 7 or 8 to find out, where the time consuming routines are
located.
I only found the very expensive products of DevPartner until yet.
Are there cheaper or free tools for performance analysis in visual studio?

Thanks
Konrad

Victor Bazarov

Konrad said:
I'm looking for a tool to analyze the performance of my c++ code in
Visual Studio 7 or 8 to find out, where the time consuming routines
are located.
I only found the very expensive products of DevPartner until yet.
Are there cheaper or free tools for performance analysis in visual
studio?

If you need Visual-Studio-specific solution, please ask in the
newsgroup dedicated to Visual Studio. Generally speaking there are
solutions that are not compiler/IDE specific. Such tool is called
"a profiler". Google for them.

BTW, VC++ has its own build-in performance analyzer. RTFM.