    package? Google Analytics is good, but maybe there is some fresh
    air. Thanks for your help.

    fulio pen
    fulio pen, Sep 24, 2011

  2. fulio pen

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    On Sep 24, 2:17 am, fulio pen <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I've been using Google Analytics to get statistics for my site for a
    > long time, but recently suspect that it is not quite accurate. I
    > wonder what you guys are using for your sites.  Is there a better
    > package?  Google Analytics is good, but maybe there is some fresh
    > air.  Thanks for your help.

    I use Webalizer because my server host has it installed if you wish to
    use it. Although you can download the results, I just review them
    directly on the server. Webalizer gives far more statistics than I
    have time to review in detail, but some of the results are useful at
    times. If your host does not provide Webalizer, it likely could be
    installed on the server, if they agree to let you do so.
    cwdjrxyz, Sep 25, 2011

  3. fulio pen

    fulio pen Guest

    On Sep 24, 7:37 pm, cwdjrxyz <> wrote:
    > On Sep 24, 2:17 am, fulio pen <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hello,

    > > I've been using Google Analytics to get statistics for my site for a
    > > long time, but recently suspect that it is not quite accurate. I
    > > wonder what you guys are using for your sites.  Is there a better
    > > package?  Google Analytics is good, but maybe there is some fresh
    > > air.  Thanks for your help.

    > I use Webalizer because my server host has it installed if you wish to
    > use it. Although you can download the results, I just review them
    > directly on the server. Webalizer gives far more statistics than I
    > have time to review in detail, but some of the results are useful at
    > times. If your host does not provide Webalizer, it likely could be
    > installed on the server, if they agree to let you do so.

    Thanks. I guess I have to contact my server host and ask them to
    install the Webalizer. I will do it right away. Thanks again.

    fulio pen
    fulio pen, Sep 25, 2011
  4. Op 24-9-2011 9:17, fulio pen schreef:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I've been using Google Analytics to get statistics for my site for a
    > long time, but recently suspect that it is not quite accurate. I
    > wonder what you guys are using for your sites. Is there a better
    > package? Google Analytics is good, but maybe there is some fresh
    > air. Thanks for your help.
    >
    > fulio pen

    I use Piwik (http://piwik.org/).
    Suit my needs.
    Samuel van Laere, Sep 25, 2011
  5. fulio pen

    fulio pen Guest

    On Sep 25, 5:18 am, Samuel van Laere <> wrote:
    > Op 24-9-2011 9:17, fulio pen schreef:
    >
    > > Hello,

    > > I've been using Google Analytics to get statistics for my site for a
    > > long time, but recently suspect that it is not quite accurate. I
    > > wonder what you guys are using for your sites.  Is there a better
    > > package?  Google Analytics is good, but maybe there is some fresh
    > > air.  Thanks for your help.

    > > fulio pen

    > I use Piwik (http://piwik.org/).
    > Suit my needs.

    I downloaded the folder to my hard drive. Do I need to upload it to
    my web site? So far I've only uploaded individual files one by one,
    but never a whole folder. Thanks for help again.

    fulio pen
    fulio pen, Sep 26, 2011
  6. Op 26-9-2011 17:52, fulio pen schreef:
    > On Sep 25, 5:18 am, Samuel van Laere<> wrote:
    >> Op 24-9-2011 9:17, fulio pen schreef:
    >>
    >>> Hello,

    >>> I've been using Google Analytics to get statistics for my site for a
    >>> long time, but recently suspect that it is not quite accurate. I
    >>> wonder what you guys are using for your sites. Is there a better
    >>> package? Google Analytics is good, but maybe there is some fresh
    >>> air. Thanks for your help.

    >>> fulio pen

    >> I use Piwik (http://piwik.org/).
    >> Suit my needs.

    > I downloaded the folder to my hard drive. Do I need to upload it to
    > my web site? So far I've only uploaded individual files one by one,
    > but never a whole folder. Thanks for help again.
    >
    > fulio pen

    Here is how to install it:
    http://piwik.org/docs/installation/#toc-begin-your-installation
    Samuel van Laere, Sep 26, 2011
  7. fulio pen

    fulio pen Guest

    On Sep 26, 1:40 pm, Samuel van Laere <> wrote:
    > Op 26-9-2011 17:52, fulio pen schreef:

    > >> I use Piwik (http://piwik.org/).
    > >> Suit my needs.

    > > I downloaded the folder to my hard drive.  Do I need to upload it to
    > > my web site?  So far I've only uploaded individual files one by one,
    > > but never a whole folder. Thanks for help again.

    > > fulio pen

    > Here is how to install it:http://piwik.org/docs/installation/#toc-begin-your-installation

    Thanks. I first downloaded the folder from http://piwik.org/ to my
    hard drive. The name of the folder is latest.zip. Then I uploaded the
    folder to my web site. Clicking the folder on the web site, I was
    asked whether I intended to download it. Of course not, because the
    folder is already in my hard drive.

    Then I tried to open the folder on a browser. Its name was:
    www.pinyinology.com/latest.zip. The first part of the URL is my web
    site. The location is correct. But again, I was asked whether I
    intended to download the folder. I must have done something wrong or
    stupid. Thanks again.

    fulio pen
    fulio pen, Sep 28, 2011
  8. fulio pen <> wrote

    > On Sep 26, 1:40 pm, Samuel van Laere <> wrote:

    >> > I downloaded the folder to my hard drive.  Do I need to upload it
    >> > to my web site?  So far I've only uploaded individual files one by
    >> > one, but never a whole folder. Thanks for help again.

    >> > fulio pen

    >> Here is how to install
    >> it:http://piwik.org/docs/installation/#toc-begin-y

    > our-installation
    >
    > Thanks. I first downloaded the folder from http://piwik.org/ to my
    > hard drive. The name of the folder is latest.zip. Then I uploaded the
    > folder to my web site. Clicking the folder on the web site, I was
    > asked whether I intended to download it. Of course not, because the
    > folder is already in my hard drive.
    >
    > Then I tried to open the folder on a browser. Its name was:
    > www.pinyinology.com/latest.zip. The first part of the URL is my web
    > site. The location is correct. But again, I was asked whether I
    > intended to download the folder. I must have done something wrong or
    > stupid. Thanks again.
    >
    > fulio pen

    It depends on your FTP client. Some clients will automatically unzip
    stuff when it gets uploaded to the server.

    Your best bet is to make a folder on YOUR machine, uncompress everything,
    then FTP the uncompressed folders and files to the server, making sure
    you keep the directory structure.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services
    Adrienne Boswell, Sep 28, 2011
  9. fulio pen

    fulio pen Guest

    On Sep 28, 2:33 pm, Adrienne Boswell <> wrote:
    > fulio pen <> wrote

    > >> Here is how to install
    > >> it:http://piwik.org/docs/installation/#toc-begin-y

    > > our-installation

    > > Thanks. I first downloaded the folder fromhttp://piwik.org/ to my
    > > hard drive.  The name of the folder is latest.zip. Then I uploaded the
    > > folder to my web site. Clicking the folder on the web site, I was
    > > asked whether I intended to download it.  Of course not, because the
    > > folder is already in my hard drive.

    > > Then I tried to open the folder on a browser. Its name was:
    > >www.pinyinology.com/latest.zip. The first part of the URL is my web
    > > site. The location is correct.  But again, I was asked whether I
    > > intended to download the folder.  I must have done something wrong or
    > > stupid. Thanks again.

    > > fulio pen

    > It depends on your FTP client.  Some clients will automatically unzip
    > stuff when it gets uploaded to the server.
    >
    > Your best bet is to make a folder on YOUR machine, uncompress everything,
    > then FTP the uncompressed folders and files to the server, making sure
    > you keep the directory structure.
    >
    > --
    > Adrienne Boswell at Home
    > Arbpen Web Site Design Serviceshttp://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

    Thanks for the advice. I will try my best to follow the instruction.

    fulio pen
    fulio pen, Sep 29, 2011
  10. "fulio pen" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I've been using Google Analytics to get statistics for my site for a
    > long time, but recently suspect that it is not quite accurate. I
    > wonder what you guys are using for your sites. Is there a better
    > package? Google Analytics is good, but maybe there is some fresh
    > air. Thanks for your help.
    >
    > fulio pen

    Personally I think that the Google Analytics is a big crap, better use some
    well known counter for solving your problem.

    Kristjan
    Kristjan Robam, Jan 5, 2012