tool for syntax coloring in html

Stephen Hildrey

Xah said:
Is there a tool that produce codes in html with syntax coloring?

I'm sure there's a million-and-one tools that will do what you want, and
suggest you search Google.

Personally, I've used vim to do this in the past. The following
generates marked-up code:

:runtime syntax/2html.vim

Regards,
Steve

Guest

Xah said:
in some online documentations, for examples:

http://perldoc.perl.org/perlref.html
http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/dorai/t-y-scheme/t-y-scheme-Z-H-17.html
http://www.haskell.org/hawiki/HaskellDemo

the codes are syntax colored.

Is there a tool that produce codes in html with syntax coloring?

I use SilverCity and this recipe to produce colored code listings for
the pysqlite documentation:
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/252170

This is the documentation source:
http://initd.org/svn/pysqlite/pysqlite/trunk/doc/usage-guide.txt

This is the result:
http://initd.org/pub/software/pysqlite/doc/usage-guide.html

HTH,

-- Gerhard

Andrew Thompson

Xah Lee wrote:
Is there a tool that produce codes in html with syntax coloring?

Does that mean you intend simply posting links to your
'articles' on computing in future?

I am confident a lot of us would be (thankful if you did).

usenet

Xah said:
Is there a tool that produce codes in html with syntax coloring?

Sure. It's called "Cascading Style Sheets" (CSS), which is how these
sites have done it (as you can see if you "view source"). See articles
on SitePoint.com (and MANY others) for info. But this really has
nothing to do with Perl.