Tool for visual develop web forms in Java

Discussion in 'Java' started by Piotr Galuszkiewicz, Nov 3, 2004.

  1. Hi !

    Who could point me a tool/technology for easy way, graphical,
    events-orietnted development of web UI's which has a following
    features:
    graphical/mouse development of web page with possibility of easy
    setting properties and event handlers like in Delphi (and writting
    these handlers in Java or scripts) and with generation target
    HTML/JSP pages from its visual project.

    By the way, I'm looking for a Java web tool/technology for web pages
    development which has a possibility to:
    - develop web form/page in pure Java and some set of classes,
    - then this class transforms its internal object structure (with
    nested f.e. html table or html button or other html-oriented objects)
    to HTML page (which content corresponds to this Java object)
    and outputs this HTML, for example, durning call from a some servlet.
    This is similar to XML DOM parser - you can create "document" object,
    add "attributes" and "sub-items" Java objects to it, then, on finish,
    transform these objects to output pure-XML file.

    Knows anybody about that Java technology ?

    Thanks for help,
    Regards,
    Peter

    Piotr Galuszkiewicz, Nov 3, 2004

  2. Piotr Galuszkiewicz

    KC Wong Guest

    > Who could point me a tool/technology for easy way, graphical,
    > events-orietnted development of web UI's which has a following
    > features:
    > graphical/mouse development of web page with possibility of easy
    > setting properties and event handlers like in Delphi (and writting
    > these handlers in Java or scripts) and with generation target
    > HTML/JSP pages from its visual project.

    I think JSF (Java Server Faces) might be what you're looking for.

    The IDE is called Java Studio Creator by Sun.

    KC Wong, Nov 3, 2004

  3. Piotr Galuszkiewicz

    Guest

    Tools-wise, NitroX for JSP has the best visual JSP support available.
    Including debugging JSPs directly, jsp:includes, and support for Struts
    Tiles.
    Screenshots here: http://www.m7.com/topten.do

    good luck,

    -Carlos